Tuesday, August 9, 2011

All is Not Lost Yet, But Not Recovered Either

12 days out from my race and I finally felt like I should try and run again tonight. My legs have been an utter nightmare since two Saturdays ago on the mountain. I  went for a nice light jog on the treadmill here. I didn't want to get stuck somewhere away from home with tightened up legs. So I kept the pace light at 9 min 33 sec miles and did not push at all. My goal was to get 4 miles in tonight but to stop immediately if my legs started to tighten up again. I am happy to announce that my legs did not tighten up! Unfortunately, they felt really sluggish and tired still. Crazy what happens when you literally burn your muscles out! So my plan is to only do light paced jogs this week and try and get my legs more recovered while also trying to not lose any more of the training I have worked so hard for. I believe I can be ready for the race, but man do I need to be really careful the next 12 days. Total for the night: 4 miles in 38 minutes 12 seconds, a 9 min 33 sec pace.

No comments: