Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Still Sore...What the Heck!?!

It's been a crazy week and today I finally got a small run in since Saturday. I was not able to walk normal until about Tuesday evening after my run on Saturday. The hard run then combined with severe dehydration completely wiped my recovery out and messed up my muscles quite a bit. I was going to do a small 4-5 miles run on the treadmill tonight. About 1/2 mile into the run my calves were already burning, not from running, but from being really tight and sore. I pushed it to three miles and then just stopped because my calves were so sore. Crappy residual damage from Saturday! Grrrrrrrr! And now, they are way tight and unforgiving. I really hope I can get them recovered soon to keep what I have for the race and be ready to give the race all I have.
Total tonight: 3 miles in 27 minutes.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Maybe you should just not run at all for a few days??? Sound kinda harsh, but I remember a trainer telling me that once when I was training for Hood to Coast and injurred myself. Tough to do, but it really helped........Mom (: