Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back after a small break

So last week I stepped up the training a bit with both the number of days and the intensity of training...what was I thinking doing both in the same week!!??!! By Saturday my legs were really tired but I was determined to get my long run in for the week, a 55 minute jaunt around Briargate. I went out on my run at 10:45pm (first chance I had all day) and felt like I was running slower than normal because of my legs being so tired. When I got back I was shocked to find out that I had run those 55 minutes at a pace about 40sec per mile faster than my normal LSD workouts!

The next day I was at the park with my daughter Lily and she got this look of terror in her eyes and shouted, "I have to go pee!" With no bathroom in site the only choice we had was to run uphill one block back to our apartment. I immediately picked Lily up and started to run trying to avoid getting peed on. Only 3 seconds into the run my legs had no energy in them and were telling me, "You're more likely to get peed on than to make us move like that!" We made it to the bathroom without incident, but my legs were shot. Because they were so tired I decided to take the next two days off (Mon and Tues) to let my legs recover some. Unfortunately, due to my schedule that turned into 6 days off!

So tonight I did my only run of the week. I didn't feel like running through my neighborhood in the dark late at night again so I did a 53 minute treadmill run in our gym. My legs felt good and were not tired. At the last minute I felt a little tightness in my right calf and decided it was time to end. It was nice to get a run in after a week without!

No comments: