Saw some free time on my schedule today so I brought my running clothes to work with me today, not really being sure of when I could run, but wanting to. My last morning appointment cancelled leaving me a few hours open so I decided it was time to get my car into the auto shop from a check engine light that came on a few days ago and is not turning off. I thought I might get a small run in after this in the afternoon. As I was about to go the the auto shop Julie called and asked if I wanted to go running with her since she had just dropped Lily off and had some free time. I said maybe and told her I'd call her at the auto shop. I dropped the car off and called Julie, she was still wanting to go.
Luckily, I had my running clothes with me at the auto shop so I just changed my clothes there and ran 2 miles uphill to our house to meet Julie. These first two miles felt horrible. My legs were just sluggish and tired, I am coughing a lot right now, and I in general felt sluggish (did I mention I ate a donut at the auto shop on my way out the door to go running...I really should stop doing that!). I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to finish a run with Julie. I got to our house, picked up Julie, and off we went together. I did a lot better and I think it is because we ran on more level terrain. It is really nice to be able to run with her. We don't get to do it too often, but it is great when we do. We went an additional 3.55 miles doing 3 pick-ups for about 1-2 minutes each time, 2 of them uphill and 1 downhil. I was only going to do maybe 40 minutes total for the run but ended up at 55 minutes...ooops!
No comments:
Post a Comment