I got up at 5am Thursday morning and worked all day and into the night finally getting home around 10:15pm... long day! I was so tired and just wanted to go to bed, but I also needed to get another run in. My plan was a hill run also. The thought of going out in the dark and running hills on a dark street in Briargate was so far from appealing, but I knew I needed to do something because my Friday is slammed. I finally got the will power up to get dressed for a run and then fell asleep on my bed fully dressed. I woke up 15 minutes later and forced my butt off the bed to go running. I decided to go to our apartment gym and run an inlcine on the treadmill for only 30 minutes.
I started off with a quick warm-up and then started the run at 6.0 mph. Every minute into the run the first 10 minutes I would increase the incline by 1.0 and decrease my speed by 0.2 mph until I got to an incline of 10.0 and a speed of 4.8. I maintained this for 5 minutes and then went down to 8.0 inlcine for 5 minutes, then up to 10.0 incline for 5 more minutes and then 8.0 again for 5 minutes. I finished with a cool down.
My quads were burning really well the whole time, but cardiovascularly speaking I felt good and my calf was not bothering me. This is great news. After stretching I finished the whole session with a set of 16 eccentric loads to my right calf. I sure hope this is working!
No comments:
Post a Comment