Saturday means an LSD day! Timing was a little off today for the run because we were going to Chuch E' Cheese's with Lily for her friends birthday party. I decided that I would leave the B-day party half way through and run home. I knew it was only about half the distance I needed and that it was mostly uphill but thought that it'd be good to go uphill and knew I could just keep on running for the extra time/distance that I needed. The first 3.9 miles were brutal. Not only are they mostly uphill (steep uphill) but there was this nasty headwind blowing directly opposite the way I was running that pushed me around quite a bit. It was a great workout and pushed me even though I was just trying to run long and slow. Once I got to our houes I added a little to the run by going around the dog park by our house and then ran for 30 more minutes through Briargate.
30 minutes into the run my calf was a little sore but that went away. Then off and on the last 30 minutes my left heel and plantar surface of the foot we tender. Have some ideas of what that could be, but I will rest and next week is a light week so hopefully we can get on top of that pretty quick. Total stats for todays run 8.3 miles, 80 minutes, average of 9min 38sec miles.

No comments:
Post a Comment