I keep a journal of numbers and very few words from my runs and I noticed on March 29th that I was landing mid to forefoot while running and I started messing with trying to land more with a heel strike and found that my calf didn't hurt as much doing so. Hmmmm...interesting. So I have been trying to run with a heel strike lately and my calf has not been as bad...am I on to something...I SURE HOPE SO!!! But part of my calf problem has been that my achilles tendon is bummy too. I had heard about eccentric loading to help achilles tendon problems rehab and finally read an article about it last night and the principles behind it make sense. After my run tonight I did one set of 12 reps eccentrically loading my calf. Let's see what happens!
I ran 3.55 miles aroun Briargate tonight at a 8 minute 27 second pace. It was just a little faster than I have been running and I did alright. Well...I did eat a couple cookies before my run and think that was a bad idea. But they sure tasted delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment