 |
This is a photo of some other persons ankle,
but the raw red area on the bottom of the photo
is what my ankle looks like! |
So I say "Dreadmill", but I'm both getting used to the treadmill and very grateful for the treadmill. Without it, I'm not sure how much running I'd get it...I'm bad off enough as it is right now. Getting ready for my run tonight I put my regular running shoes on (versus my trail shoes) and OUCH!!!!! the outside of my ankle that got all torn up on Saturday night was screaming because the same part of my shoe that ate into the ankle was now prodding into it again. I tried an extra sock and then extra padding, but that ankle was not going to let me run in those shoes tonight. So after a minute of thinking, I resigned to using my trail shoes on the treadmill tonight; this was a much better idea and I was able to run.
I was going to make it an easy run but I got slightly competitive with myself and pushed just a little. I went the 5 miles in 39 minutes and 25 seconds which is an average of 7min 53 sec miles. It was tiring but felt good to be running at a faster pace than I normally run at. There is no way I can run at that pace on the mountain, but training like this can only help my average mountain pace...right?!?
1 comment:
P.S. And you already know how I love "The Chimp Thinker" photo. absolutely perfect!! Now I gotta go stretch this darn leg. :-) That are get some shot blocker or whatever. Bet you'll be carrying some next year. And to think I almost got you some Goo. I figured you would already have all that stuff. Gotta introduce you to a bike shop. They apparently carry all the good stuff. :-)
Post a Comment