Saturday, May 14, 2011

1.5 Hour Jaunt

Another long run down! I planned on running 90 minutes today and it went well. I expanded from my normal Briargate routes and added a little here and there in the circle and came up with a route that ran me 9.26 miles. I averaged 9 minute 43 second miles doing this. It was a slow run and I felt good the whole time. I am happy that I am able to maintain this and do well. There was a spot about 5.5 miles in where I thought I was going to pee in my pants but was surrounded by only houses. I considered knocking on a strangers door or trying to pee behind a bush before someone saw me. I even thought about just letting it go but then thought about the smell that would permanently exude from my shoes afterwards and that turned me off of that thought. It started to hurt and I couldn't take my mind off the rythmic swaying of urine back and forth in my bladder with each step I took. Running was making it worse, but walking just meant longer before I could get to a bathroom. I ran by a church and was excited to see a car in the parking lot. I ran to the doors to only be denied! Finally I came to a spot where a quick swing out from my route put me into a 7-11 store and all my problems were solved...what am I going to do when I have to run for 4.5 hours?!?

No comments: