Saturday, May 7, 2011

Squeak-owwww!

The only way to describe the last two days before todays run is "ohhhhhh I'm soooooooooore!" Since my run on Blodgett Peak my whole legs top, bottom, front, and back have been pretty darn sore. Blodgett Peak kicked my butt...AWESOME! So I was a little apprehensive about doing the long run of today. Nevertheless, the road was calling. I went on a 60 minute run around Briargate. The first 0.7 of a mile were all downhill, purposely chosen because my legs were not wanting to move. The first few steps were torture pushing through the soreness that plagued them, hence the word 'squeak' in the title of this post, but by the end of this downhill section they were nice and loose and ready to go. The next 2.5 miles were on a slight uphill climbing about 300 feet in elevation with only a small 1/4 mile downhill section. Then the rest was a nice dowhill slope back down and around to our house. I felt pretty good for most of the run and my right calf in the gastroc itself started to get a little tight at exactly 50 minutes into the run. It did not get any worse and I was able to finish the run without any problems. Overall, did 7.0 miles in 60 minutes equating to 8 minute 34 second miles...Oooops! I was supposed to do a slow run and I ended up going a little faster than expected. This may mean I'm getting more endurance, or that I was just absent minded and not paying attention. Unfortunately, I think it was the latter. Ahhhhh, rest the next couple of days and we'll be back running again by Tuesday!

No comments: