Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Down and then up Research Ave...and then again.

Needed to get a hil run in today and ended up not being able to run until after 10pm...so what do I do in this all too common situation? I make up something here in Briargate! I decided that Research Parkway was about the steepest thing within a short distance of our house (especially since we live on Research) and decided that it was my run tonight. We live almost at the top of Research and it is about 1.5 miles down to the bottom of the hill on Research and averages about a 4.3% grade. I decided to run down and up Research twice to get roughly 5.5-6 miles and around 45-55 minutes of running in.
The Results?
Ran 5.62 miles in 49 minutes and 40 seconds total average of 8 minute 50 second miles.
    Downhill average time was 7 min 40 sec the first time and about 8 min 30sec the second time.
    Uphill average time was about 9 min 30 sec miles both times.
I did see a large rodent type thing speed walking toward me on the sidewalk and as I got within 30 feet it jumped to the side and ran away. It was a raccon. Too bad it ran away, we could have been jogging buddies!

No comments: