So I've been thinking lately that it is time for my body to start getting some small recovery runs it, just to keep my body moving. and not lose as much between my harder runs. When I got home from work today I grabbed Lily and she ecstatically jumped into the jogging stroller and cheerily sang the whole way as I pushed her around Rampart Park. It was only going to be a short run and I made sure to keep it that way. I went a total of 3 miles on the dot it 23.5 minutes. That is an average of 7minute 50second miles...pretty happy with that considering I was pushing Lily, ran up 3 steep hills, and wasn't pushing myself too hard. I wonder how fast I could run a 5K now since I've been training more..22...or even 21 minutes? Who knows? I might test it sometime in the next three months, but the most important is just getting my time in for the Ascent. Lily's songs were a very nice change to my run today!Pikes Peak Ascent,13.32 Miles, 7,815' of Vertical Gain As someone once said, "There's a reason trees don't bother growing above 12,000' on Pikes Peak. They can't!"
Monday, May 16, 2011
Quicky for Recovery
So I've been thinking lately that it is time for my body to start getting some small recovery runs it, just to keep my body moving. and not lose as much between my harder runs. When I got home from work today I grabbed Lily and she ecstatically jumped into the jogging stroller and cheerily sang the whole way as I pushed her around Rampart Park. It was only going to be a short run and I made sure to keep it that way. I went a total of 3 miles on the dot it 23.5 minutes. That is an average of 7minute 50second miles...pretty happy with that considering I was pushing Lily, ran up 3 steep hills, and wasn't pushing myself too hard. I wonder how fast I could run a 5K now since I've been training more..22...or even 21 minutes? Who knows? I might test it sometime in the next three months, but the most important is just getting my time in for the Ascent. Lily's songs were a very nice change to my run today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment