Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Out Toward Blodgett Peak and Back

Busy, busy, busy...a good explanation of how my life has been. This thus leads to not being able to get a run in. But five days later...today, I finally got one in. I went 7.0 miles over 61 minutes. I started out from my office out west on Woodmen Rd and then kept going up it to just past Woodmen Valley Park and then turned around. It was very rainy and stormy all day long. I got all ready to have a fun run in the rain and as soon as I started out it stopped raining and stayed dry until literally 2 minutes after I got back and it down poured again. Oh well!

The goal of the run was to do 20 minutes somewhat slow, then a medium-hard pace for 20 minutes, then go back to 20 more minutes of somewhat slow. Around 43 minutes into the run my calves started to get tight and both stayed tight throughout the rest of the run. Cardiovascularly I felt great, but yes again it was my legs that were the tired part. I really feel that my heart has the endurance to go a lot further, but my legs lag behind a lot. Hey, I am already able to go quite some distance now, I will just keep working on getting more leg endurance!

No comments: