Sunday, June 19, 2011

I forgot to do my run, then I did it

I was at an Active Release Techniques seminar all day and was thinking about my Saturday run all day long. I came home afterward and completely forgot to do my run! How could I! It was 11:30pm when I finally realized this. So I mustered up the, "I don't want to do this but I'm going to anyway" courage and went to the gym to run on the treadmill (I just can't run through the neighborhoods this late when I am so tired). It was a good run.

Something interesting that I found out today at my ART seminar is that my right midfoot was not moving into extension AT ALL at the cuneiforms and navicular, which is probably playing a huge roll into why I am barely staving off severe plantar fasciitis AND why I have had so many issues with my right kinetic chain! So Dr Leahy released a few of the midfoot joints and I felt an immediate increase in foot motion. I didn't think about this increased motion of the midfoot before running. Albeit good, my foot is not used to moving that way. 70 minutes into tonights run my foot started to feel a bit achy and sore. The further into the run I went the more sore it got. I finished the last minute of the run with somewhat higher levels of pain in the right foot than I am used to feeling while running. I think the few joints that were released were just aggravated a little after not moving for so long.


Overall, I ran 10 miles in 90 minutes of running. It is weird to think now that a 90 minute run is now an easier "Long Run" day. I have definitely made improvements in my running endurance. 10 miles in 90 minutes is the same pace I ran my December half marathon. Big difference now is that I am not really winded after running at that pace now. YES!!! Improvement!!!

No comments: