Holy Cow! I ended up not running for one whole week! NO, I can't afford to do that! My excuse is the same as before...LIFE!
 |
| What I probably looked like by myself... |
A few nights ago I saw that a newer running club had started in town that was much closer than any other here and thought I'd try it out tonight. It is the University Village Running club. I went thinking that there would be groups gathered together and that we'd all kind of take off together in our various skill leveled groups...completely opposite! Everyone was still very nice, but I got there and they had me sign up and then they showed me the various routes that they have marked off on the Pikes Peak Greenway Trail. After that they looked at me and said, "Have a nice run!" I looked around and no one else was really waiting there, I saw others already spread out not together on the trail. So I took off by myself.
It was an easy flat run with only a few tiny tiny hills. I said hello to everyone I passed by wondering how many of them were from the club or not since this is a public trial. Nevertheless, I was a happy runner. It was a total of six miles. I hadn't eaten anything in about 4 hours and was a bit dehydrated and I sure felt it, but I kept the pace up. Overall I went 6 miles in 51 minutes. That is 8min 30sec miles. Good enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment