Another long Saturday run again. I hadn't noticed until I looked at my training plan this morning that today was the day I hit my first 2 hour run...I was shocked, then scared a little, then excited. I am almost completely recovered from the crazy Barr Trail run on Wednesday. I ended up running different short loops around Briargate this evening, up and down a few hills. With it being so late I didn't really feel like running terribly far from the house...and I couldn't remember if my normal long run routes had street lights or not.
About 90 minutes in my legs started to get a little stiff overall, not in any specific spot. I was done with the small loops I had planned with 13 minutes left to run to hit 120 minutes total. So I finished the last 13 minutes on the treadmill. My legs instantly got sore as I started to run on the treadmill. I had to slow it way down to find a painless pace to finish off the total time. Afterwards, my legs were actually already sore. Kind of weird. And for my long SLOW run today I did 12 miles which in 2 hours is 10 minute miles. Don't feel like typing anymore.
UPDATE: So on my long runs I always bring food with me in my pockets and eat it to keep my energy up, this run was no exception. But this run I had a piece of Trident Layers gum that I was chewing and it lasted forever! I usually get my first snack while running about 40 minutes into the run and my gum was still flavorful. I didn't want it in my mouth while eating my food so I just stuck it behind my ear until I was done eating and then started chewing again. This was all fine and dandy until I woke up in the middle of the night and felt something soft and sticky behind my ear...I FORGOT TO GET IT OUT FROM BEHIND MY EAR after the last snack and fell asleep with it still there. So there I am 3:45am, covered in gum all over the back side of my ear and in my hair. Lesson learned.

No comments:
Post a Comment