Monday, June 13, 2011

Short Recovery Run

My legs were a tad fatigued this morning as I got up, but I wanted to get them moving again after Saturday nights late run. This is an easy week as far as my running goes, just shorter less intense runs. I chose a 3.9 mile loop around our neighborhood. The first couple of minutes I felt like a mannequin because my legs weren't bending the way they normally do...stiff as a board. But shortly into the run they loosened up. About 2 miles in I could tell that my legs were a little fatigued still from the previous run, but they had plenty in them to do this short run. I finished the run in 33 minutes even, averaging an 8 minute 27 second per mile pace. My legs actually feel a bit refreshed from this little run. On a side note, the smoke from the mountain fires that has been covering up Pikes Peak has mostly lifted today and I got to enjoy the view again that I have come to love.

No comments: