Pikes Peak Ascent,13.32 Miles, 7,815' of Vertical Gain As someone once said, "There's a reason trees don't bother growing above 12,000' on Pikes Peak. They can't!"
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
No Running, Just Hiking
Instead of running today I decided that I'd do a strenuous hike instead. Many times I have ran at Blodgett's Peak and usually only go to where the trail gets too steep and gravelly to run and I then turn around (it gets extremely steep!) Julie's Brother Scott was still in town and we went together. It was kind of weird to not be running one of the routes I have always ran. When I got to the VERY steep section though, running was definitely out of the question, and I have never gone past it either. We slowly scrambled up the slippery mountain side and eventually got to a point where the only thing keeping us on the trail was holding on to bushed on the side of the trail. About this point we got to a large boulder field and scrambled up the boulders with greater success, but that was only short lived. Beyond the boulder field it was even steeper and had very little footing. We got close to the top and unfortunately had to turn around because of time restraints. It was a difficult hike but was pretty fun to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment