Lately I've felt like I needed a good hill run. Unfortunately, it was after 10pm tonight before I got out. I decided that the toughest "hills" I could get without driving to the mountains in the middle of the night was to go run an incline on the treadmill, and thus it happened.
10 minute warm-up at 0.5 incline and 9min 30sec miles
10 minutes at 3.0 incline and 9min 30sec miles
10 minutes at 6.0 incline and 10min miles
10 minutes at 9.0 incline and 12min miles
8 minutes at 11.0 incline and 15min miles
6 minutes at 12.0 incline and 15min miles
6 minutes at 0.5 incline and 9min 30 sec miles
TOTAL: 5.61 miles in 60 minutes
I measured my heart rate often during the run and figured out that I can run indefinitely at a heart rate max of 160 beats per minute. As my heart rate goes above this I feel an instant onset of fatigue. I would really like to get a heart rate monitor and play aruond with this even more to find my personal "in the zone" zone. I also noticed that at 11.0 incline I can keep up a fast walk of just over 15 minute miles. If I could average 16 minute miles over the race that would be just over 3.5 hours to complete the race....hmmmm...I need to start getting more of these steep hill runs in!
No comments:
Post a Comment